Arizona Modeling Users Group
The Arizona Modeling Users Group (AMUG) is composed of all interested individuals who are interested in the practice of travel demand modeling in Arizona. It is a community for discussing modeling considerations and exchanging information on modeling methodologies, applications, case studies and other items of interest. The goals include:
- Fostering the cooperative development and application of travel demand models in Arizona
- Providing a periodic forum for the discussion of common modeling issues
- Promoting collaborative actions for:
- Advancing travel demand models
- Implementing travel demand models
- Compiling data for travel demand model applications
- Researching travel demand modeling
Information on the schedule and topics of future AMUG webinars will appear on this web page.
Inaugural Meeting of the Arizona Modeling Users Group ~ October 21, 2009
This was the first in a series of travel demand modeling information exchange webinars for modelers and other individuals interested in the practice of modeling in the State of Arizona. The goal was to have a forum that is informative, helpful to the Arizona travel modeling community, and raises the quality of travel demand modeling for all engaged in the practice throughout the state.
This first meeting of the Arizona Modeling Users Group (AMUG) featured a presentation on the purposes of AMUG and development of the Arizona Statewide Travel Demand Model (AZTDM). The presentation noted that there are many areas for coordination and exchange within the Arizona modeling community including:
- Modeling Expertise, Information & Research
- Travel Data: surveys, counts, inventories
- Socio-Economic & Demographic Data
- Employment Classification Data
- Land Use Classification Data
- Travel Data: e.g., fuel costs, CAFÉ, vehicle registrations
- Transportation Analysis Zone Systems
- Transportation Networks: highway & transit
- Modeling Hardware & Software
Approximately 30 registrants from throughout Arizona participated in the inaugural AMUG webinar meeting. A PDF of the webinar presentation is available.
A download of presentations and other materials will be available in the AMUG folder of the ADOT Modeling FTP site beginning the day of webinar. To access the ADOT Modeling FTP site, use Internet Explorer to go to ftp://ftp.azdot.gov/, and enter the following User name and Password:
User name: Adotmodeling
If you don’t see the AMUG folder, but see a long list of other folders, first select the ADOTmodeling folder and then the AMUG folder.
Please contact Keith Killough at 602.712.6407 or by email if you have any difficulties or questions.