Toltec Road on-ramp to westbound I-10 is closed for 48-hours southeast of Casa Grande
May 9, 2011
The Toltec Road (Exit 203) on-ramp to westbound Interstate 10 is closed for paving beginning Monday morning (May 9) to 6 a.m. on Wednesday (May 11). Signage will be placed near the on-ramp closure and along the detour directing motorists to an alternate entrance to the I-10.
The following detour is available:
- Motorists on Toltec Road wishing to access westbound I-10 will be directed north to SR 84 where they may re-enter westbound I-10.
The demolition and removal of this bridge is part of a $10 million American Recovery and Reinvestmehe
What to expect during the on-ramp closure:
- Motorists on eastbound and westbound I-10 may still exit at Toltec Road.
- Signs will direct traffic through the detour.
- Drivers wishing to enter westbound I-10 at Toltec Road should allow 15 minutes of extra travel time when using the detour.
- Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
Interstate 10 is being widened from two to three lanes in each direction between Picacho and Casa Grande to reduce traffic congestion and improve safety along this heavily traveled corridor. The $31.3 million American Recovery and Reinvestment Act project is anticipated to be complete during spring 2012.
The construction project schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Teresa Guillen, Pinal County Senior Community Relations Officer at 520.388.4266. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona see the agency's latest blog posts.
Visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511, call 5-1-1 within Arizona,or 1.888.411.ROAD outside the state for current information regarding road conditions statewide.
Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov.
Please buckle up, observe speed limits, and never drink and drive.