April 13, 2012
The Arizona Department of Transportation will be closing the westbound I-10 exit ramp at Ruthrauff Road and the right lane on westbound I-10 on Friday (April 13) from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning for paving as construction continues on the I-10 widening project between Ruthrauff Road and Prince Road.
Prince Road Traffic Interchange Closure
- The Prince Road traffic interchange at I-10 is closed through late 2013.
- Prince Road at I-10, and west of I-10, is closed to vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- There is no access to westbound I-10 from eastbound Prince Road. Use alternate routes.
- The westbound entrance and exit ramps at I-10 and Prince Road are closed.
- Within the next 60 days, the eastbound I-10 Prince Road entrance and exit ramps will close.
Other Ongoing Traffic Impacts in the Project Area:
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road between the Ruthrauff Road entrance ramp and the Prince Road exit ramp is closed.
- Access to all businesses on the eastbound I-10 frontage road between Ruthrauff Road and Prince Road is available by entering eastbound I-10 from Ruthrauff Road and immediately exiting at the Prince Road exit ramp.
- Riverpark Drive, La Cholla Boulevard and Business Center Drive, west of I-10 at Prince Road, are closed through spring 2012.
- The left lane of the westbound I-10 frontage road south of Prince Road is currently closed for approximately 12 months.
During the Prince Road traffic interchange closure, I-10 will remain open with three lanes in each direction during construction, including emergency access lanes, with only minimal short-term lane closures along I-10 in the project area when necessary. Access to all businesses in the construction area will remain throughout the project.
Some of the improvements that are planned for this project include:
- Widening the I-10 freeway to four lanes in each direction to accommodate increasing traffic.
- Reconstructing the Prince Road traffic interchange so that Prince Road will pass over the Union Pacific Railroad tracks and I-10 and minimize delays for motorists.
- Updating the entrance and exit ramps to provide better connections and improved access for motorists.
- New landscaping along the project area.
The construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through or near work zones with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
For more information about this project, please visit www.azdot.gov/tucson10widening or contact ADOT Tucson District Senior Community Relations Officer, Linda Ritter, at 520-388-4266, email@example.com or ADOT Community Relations Officer, Paki Rico, at 520-388-4233, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at email@example.com
or 1.800.949.8057. Visit www.facebook.com/azdot
for more information about ADOT. Information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona are also on the agency's latest blog posts at http://adotblog.blogspot.com