Transportation Intern Program
The Transportation Intern Program gives college engineering, construction management, environmental science, real estate development and landscape architecture majors the opportunity to gain practical experience and earn money as interns with Arizona Department of Transportation. The Intermodal Transportation Division assigns students to a variety of highway construction projects, material labs, or design areas within the Division. The type of work the interns perform depends on the needs of the Department and varies depending on the Groups or Districts they are assigned. A majority of the interns hired are assigned to the major metropolitan areas, while the need also exist in rural areas throughout the entire state.
- Must be a full time college/university student and declared an engineering, construction management, environmental science, real estate development or a landscape architecture student in good standing, or
- A high school graduate by the hire date, accepted to a university or college with the intent of an engineering, construction management, environmental science or landscape architecture major, and
- Possesses a valid driver's license and transportation
Applying to the Program:
Enrollment is currently closed for Spring, 2013. Positions are advertised, resumes must be submitted through the State Jobs website.
Interns are hired through standard procedures of the State of Arizona. Positions are advertised in the spring, interviews follow with a starting date in June.
Students interested in ADOT's Transportation Intern Program should submit a resume containing:
- Projected graduation date (high school and/or college)
- Type of degree being obtained
- Previous work history
- Unofficial copy of the college transcripts
When the positions are advertised, resumes must be submitted through the State Jobs web site.
Note: Selections will be based on resume content. Please indicate current GPA and college major or the degree you are seeking; list clubs, organization or societies you are a member and if you are an officer; volunteering and community services; work experience and any other outstanding accomplishments.