August 10, 2012
The Arizona Department of Transportation is currently working on a pavement preservation project on State Route 95 south of Quartzsite. Crews will be paving the southbound SR 95 right turn lane at La Paz Valley Road between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday, August 13. Traffic will be intermittently stopped during work hours and minor delays may be experienced.
What to expect during work hours:
- One lane will be closed during work hours.
- Traffic will need to come to a complete stop before reaching La Paz Valley Road while workers direct alternating traffic through the work zone.
- Delays of approximately 15 minutes may be experienced.
- Reduced speed limits through the work zone.
- Law enforcement will be on-site to control traffic and monitor speeds.
ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Gabriella Kemp, Yuma District Senior Community Relations Officer at 928.317.2165. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our website for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona, see the agency's latest blog posts.