August 7, 2012
YUMA – The Arizona Department of Transportation is scheduled to begin a project to repair several sections of State Route 72 between Bouse and Parker. Work is scheduled to take place between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily beginning Friday, August 10 through Thursday, August, 16.
What to expect during work hours:
- Intermittent lane closures of approximately three mile segments during work hours.
- Traffic will need to come to a complete stop while workers direct traffic through the work zone.
- Delays of approximately 15 minutes may be experienced.
- Reduced speed limits through the work zone.
- Law enforcement will be on-site to control traffic and monitor speeds.
ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule. To stay up-to-date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Gabriella Kemp, Yuma District Senior Community Relations Officer, at 520.388.4266 or Paki Rico, ADOT Community Relations Officer, at 520.388.4233. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona, see the agency's latest blog posts.