February 9, 2012
Crews will be repaving a segment of US 95 north of Yuma beginning Monday (Feb. 13). Drivers traveling between Yuma and Quartzsite should allow extra travel time and be prepared for possible delays north of the Yuma Proving Ground Main Gate, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
What to expect during paving:
- Crews will work weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No work is scheduled on holidays or weekends.
- The speed limit in the work zone will be reduced.
- Law enforcement will be on-site to monitor speeds.
- Signs and message boards will be displayed to inform drivers of restrictions.
Paving is scheduled to be completed in March.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Gabriella Kemp, Yuma District Senior Community Relations Officer at 928.317.2165. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our website for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona, see the agency's latest blog posts.