- Construct raised medians between Canyon de Flores and Glenn/Kachina to limit left turns as presented in the public meeting last March.
In addition to the installation of a news raised median on SR 92, the following alternatives are being considered to offset the potential impact of the median on adjacent properties:
- Construct a new north-south connector roadway from Canyon de Flores to Golden Acres
- Construct a new north-south connector roadway from Golden Acres to Monsanto
- Construct a new north-south connector roadway from Golden Acres to Glenn/Kachina
- Construct a new northbound third lane on SR 92 between Glenn/Kachina and Canyon de Flores
- Reduce the posted speed limit
- Construct a parallel frontage road in front of SR 92 businesses between Canyon de Flores and Glenn/Kachina
- Construct a parallel frontage road in front of SR 92 businesses accessing Glenn/Kachina at the south end but ending at a cul-de-sac south of Canyon de Flores
- Construct a cul-de-sac at the east end of Canyon de Flores to provide a turn-around
- Reconstruct the intersections of SR 92 and Canyon de Flores and Glenn/Kachina into roundabouts
- Do nothing
- Need for safety enhancements for the motoring public
- Providing access to businesses in the area.
- Meeting individual access needs of businesses.
Project Information Contact:
Safford District Senior Community Relations Officer