November 17, 2011
The Arizona Department of Transportation will continue night work on the Cordes Junction traffic interchange at Interstate 17 and State Route 69 with the following restrictions:
- Northbound I-17 right lane closure from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday (Nov. 20)
- Northbound I-17 left lane closure from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday (Nov. 21) and Tuesday (Nov. 22)
- Southbound I-17 left lane closure from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday (Nov. 21) and Tuesday (Nov. 22)
- Northbound SR 69 alternating lane restrictions from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday (Nov. 20)
- Southbound SR 69 approaching I-17 will be restricted to one lane through end of the year.
The nightly restrictions will provide a safe work zone for workers who are constructing the detour routes for the SR 69 and I-17 interchange, as well as crews placing concrete barriers throughout the project.
As work continues to reconstruct the Cordes Junction traffic interchange, drivers will be required to follow new road alignments on SR 69 and I-17 in the project work area. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, comply with the reduced speed limit and be alert for construction equipment and personnel. The speed limit on I-17 and SR 69 during nighttime work hours has been reduced to 45mph.
ADOT advises drivers to be aware of the 11 foot wide lanes at the crossovers along southbound I-17 that will be in place beginning the first week of December until the end of March.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Tricia Lewis, Prescott District Senior Community Relations Officer, at 928.606.2420. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona see the agency's latest blog posts.