September 14, 2012
Repaving work continues on a 16-mile segment of Interstate 15 in northwest Arizona through this weekend and into next week, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Drivers can expect the following:
- Work hours will be 4 p.m. to noon (MST) seven days per week.
- A single-lane closure will be in effect 24 hours per day through each work zone, which will allow crews to remove old pavement and apply new pavement more efficiently.
- Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 15-16 - crews will repave the northbound Black Rock on and off ramps, requiring the closure of the ramps during work hours.
- Sunday through Friday, Sept. 16-21 - crews will repave the southbound right lane, which will be closed 24 hours per day.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 18-19 - crews will repave the southbound Black Rock on and off ramps, requiring the closure of the ramps during work hours.
- The speed limit through the work zone will be reduced to 45 mph.
The work zone will be clearly marked by temporary barricades and signage. ADOT advises drivers to allow additional time to reach their destinations and to proceed through the work zone with caution, comply with the reduced speed limit, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
The $11.6 million project, which is scheduled for completion by the end of October, includes removal of a layer of the existing pavement and repaving the roadway from the Virgin River Gorge to the Utah State line (mileposts 13-29).
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule. To stay up-to-date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Mackenzie Kirby, Flagstaff District Senior Community Relations Officer, at 928.779.7554. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona see the agency's latest blog posts.