The study is currently in the scoping phase. Scoping is the period during the initial portion of the study when the public and agencies are given the opportunity to learn about the study and identify issues that need to be addressed.
The study is anticipated to take about two years to complete. Please note that the schedule is subject to change due to funding issues and other unexpected causes.
- October 2011: Study kick-off; scoping begins
- December 2011: Public and agency scoping meetings
- January 2012 to Spring 2012: Development of possible alternatives and initial Design Concept Report (DCR)
- Spring 2012: Public meeting to review and provide feedback on the possible alternatives and initial DCR
- Spring to Winter 2012: Technical analysis to develop preferred alternative and development of the Environmental Assessment (EA) will take place
- Early 2013: Public hearing to review preferred alternative and provide formal comments on draft EA
- Summer 2013: Final DCR and EA will be released