December 13, 2012
From 7 p.m. tonight, Wednesday, Jan. 12, to 5 a.m. Thursday morning, Jan. 13 (rather than previous dates of Dec. 13 to 14), eastbound Interstate 10 will be reduced to one lane near Ruthrauff Road, for debris removal and striping work.
Additionally, today's closure of the eastbound I-10 Ruthrauff Road entrance ramp will continue until 5 a.m. Thursday morning, Dec. 13, so that construction debris that has accumulated on the roadway can be removed.
The closure is within the I-10 Ruthrauff Road to Prince Road widening project area. The following are ongoing construction activities:
- There is no access to Prince Road from the westbound I-10 frontage road for the remainder of the project.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road north access to Freeway Industrial Loop is an entrance only.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road south access to Freeway Industrial Loop is an exit only.
- Business access to Freeway Industrial Loop remains open and traffic is being detoured to westbound I-10 to exit Freeway Industrial Loop.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road between Miracle Mile and Freeway Industrial loop is reduced to one lane for the remainder of the project.
- The Prince Road traffic interchange at I-10 and the eastbound and westbound I-10 entrance and exit ramps remain closed through late 2013.
- Prince Road at I-10 is closed to vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Runway Drive at Prince Road is closed through mid-December 2012. The eastbound I-10 frontage road will remain closed at Prince Road. Traffic is reduced to one lane and detoured at Commerce Drive to Fort Lowell Road and back onto the eastbound frontage road, north of Miracle Mile.
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road sections between Commerce Drive north of Prince Road and Fort Lowell Road south of Prince Road are two-way roads through spring 2013.
The construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through or near work zones with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Linda Ritter, Tucson District Senior Community Relations Officer, at 520.388.4266 or Paki Rico, ADOT Community Relations Officer, at 520.388.4233. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona, see the agency's latest blog posts.