Delays expected this weekend at Interstate 10 and State Route 90 traffic interchange near Benson
March 1, 2011
SAFFORD — Detours will be in place for motorists at the traffic interchange of Interstate 10 and State Route 90 in Cochise County this weekend as the Arizona Department of Transportation begins demolition of a section of the highway overpass. This work is the first step toward replacing the existing overpass bridge for the $27.6 million project that will also remove curves from I-10 west of SR 90.
The detours will go into effect for a 24-hour period beginning at 7 p.m. Friday, March 4 and ending at 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 5 while crews begin demolishing the eastbound I-10 bridge near Benson.
During that time, traffic signs will direct motorists looking to exit or enter that traffic interchange to the following detours:
- Drivers eastbound on I-10 who want to access SR 90 northbound will use Exit 304 (Ocotillo Road), except trucks over 14-feet-5-inches tall, which will be required to use Exit 306 (Pomerene Road).
- Drivers eastbound on I-10 who want to go south on SR 90 will be able to use the exit at SR 90.
- Drivers westbound on I-10 who want to access SR 90 southbound will use Exit 297 (J Six Ranch Road).
- Drivers westbound on I-10 who want to access SR 90 to go north will use the exit at SR 90.
- Drivers northbound on SR 90 who want to access westbound I-10 will use eastbound I-10, get off at Exit 304 and re-enter I-10 westbound at that junction.
- Drivers southbound on SR 90 who want to access eastbound I-10 will use westbound I-10, get off at Exit 297 and re-enter I-10 eastbound at that junction.
Visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511, call 5-1-1 within Arizona,or 1.888.411.ROAD outside the state for current information regarding road conditions statewide.
Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov.
Please buckle up, observe speed limits, and never drink and drive.
For additional information contact:
ADOT Media Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or call 800.949.8057