Memorial Day weekend
No state highway closures
May 24 ~ 27
The Valley Freeways Weekend Travel Alert is also available in a printable PDF version.
Weekend closures and restrictions allow more work to be done at once, so projects are completed in less time and on budget. That gives you more time to drive on a modern, well-maintained freeway system. For the latest weekend work schedule, sign up for ADOT email updates.
ADOT Asks You To Please Drive Safely
- Check your vehicle - including the condition of your tires. Proper tire pressure can help prevent a blowout and improves gas mileage. Check oil and other fluid levels and inspect belts and hoses.
- Get plenty of rest before traveling and take regular rest breaks.
- Buckle up and obey speed limits.
- Don't drive under the influence of alcohol. Arrange for a designated driver in advance.
- Cell phones or GPS devices help in an emergency. Make sure they are fully charged.
- If your vehicle breaks down or you need to change a flat tire, pull completely off the roadway. But please avoid areas with taller grass or brush, since hot vehicle components can spark a fire.
- Take plenty of food and water and be prepared for changing weather conditions.
For additional information on the current Weekend Travel Alert, check out the News Release.
Visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511 or dial 5-1-1 for information across Arizona.
Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov.
Please buckle up, observe speed limits, and never drink and drive.
For additional information contact:
Communication and Community Partnerships