Materials and Regional Support Program
The Materials and Regional Support Program (MRSP) is part of the SRTS program and, as such, shares its program outcomes and comprehensive nature. MRSP was created to serve the regional needs of state, regional and local government agencies, and demonstrate an ability to meet the SRTS requirements.
The program has these intentions:
- To provide funding for purchasing educational and encouragement materials for use in regional, countywide or school district-wide SRTSs, and/or
- To provide funding for statewide, countywide or school district-wide workshops relating to SRTS
All activities are statewide, countywide, school district-wide or otherwise regional in scope. These are some examples:
- Design/implement/distribute educational curricula for the classroom.
- Provide educational materials to parents, school staff, neighbors or drivers.
- Develop an SRTS media campaign.
- Provide materials and/or hold training for crossing guards or law enforcement professionals.
- Purchase, distribute and fit bicycle helmets.
- Purchase and distribute other SRTS-eligible giveaway items.
- Provide training related to any of the above.