ADOT has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program in accordance with the regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), 49 CFR Part 26. As a condition of receipt of funding, ADOT has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26. It is ADOT’s policy to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in USDOT-assisted contracts. It is also the policy of the department to
- ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of USDOT-assisted contracts.
- create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for USDOT-assisted contracts.
- ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law.
- ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are counted as DBEs.
- help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in USDOT-assisted contracts.
- assist in the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE program.
Explore the links above to locate information about the various aspects of the DBE program.