The Business Engagement and Compliance Office (BECO) is responsible for ensuring that ADOT, its subrecipients, contractors and consultants achieve full compliance with all applicable federal regulations related to disadvantaged and small business inclusion, equal and fair employment opportunity in contracting and on-the-job training for women and minorities in the construction trades by facilitating these efforts:
- ADOT's good faith efforts to meet overall DBE participation goals
- Compliance with all applicable federal requirements
- Equal Employment Opportunity contractor compliance and On-the-Job Training contractor compliance to provide training and employment opportunities for women, minorities and economically disadvantaged individuals in the construction industry
Announcements and Updates
DBE Annual Update and Five-Year Certification Review Procedures
DBE certifications do not expire. However, DBE-certified firms are required to submit an Annual Update. DBE firms with names beginning in A through J, must submit an Annual Update by April 1 of each calendar year, and DBE firms with names beginning in K through Z must submit an Annual Update by Oct. 1, 2014.
Once every five years, each DBE firm must undergo a Certification Review, which is similar to an Annual Update. The primary differences for the firm is that an on-site review will be conducted at the firm's office and the Certification Review will be more detailed than the Annual Update.
DBE firms that must submit an Annual Update form by April 1, 2014 and Oct. 1, 2014
DBE firms that must submit a five-year Certification Review by April 1, 2014 and Oct. 1, 2014
Please note that all updates must be completed online.
Learn more about DBE certification.
EXPO Training Camp
Thursday, October 30th, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
ADOT Human Resource Development Center
1130 North 22nd. Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85009
SELECT "October 30 - Expo Training Camp"
Training Camp is a free “prep” event for Arizona DBE and Small Business Expo on November 5th. This event is open to all small businesses; you do not have to be a certified firm to attend.
Attend Training Camp to receive…
- Helpful tips for making the most of your networking at the EXPO
- “3-minute pitch” techniques so you’ll be remembered
- Eligibility to speak about your business during EXPO Two-Minute Drills!
2014 DBE & Small Business Transportation Expo
Wednesday, November 5th, 6:45 am – 4:00 pm
Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
9495 W. Coyotes Blvd., Glendale, Arizona 85305
Make this your season opener! Network with other industry professional and visit the home team’s exciting exhibit hall.
- Huddle up with government agencies and industry partners
- Hear 18-month scouting reports for new projects
- Develop new teaming relationships
- Two-minute Drills: Pitch your small business to Primes and agency buyers
- Attend Prime Post-game Tailgate Open-Houses
- Meet Government Buyers at Post-game Draft Session