The Arizona Department of Transportation in cooperation with the Department of Public Safety and the Overdimensional Permit Council is seeking public comments on proposed rulemaking related to oversize and overweight permits and welcomes your input on any anticipated economic impact the proposed rules may have on small businesses and consumers.
Please review the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and forward this link to others who may be interested in commenting. (Note: If printing, this document contains 86 pages.)
Proposed amendments to the rules are intended to:
- Codify items an oversize or overweight special permit applicant must provide to the Department at the time of application;
- Provide further clarification on existing processes for ensuring public safety;
- Define additional terms and update several outdated definitions, references, and illustrations;
- Provide calculations applicable to tridem axle group configurations on certain routes;
- Incorporate organizational changes made within the Department; and
- Ensure conformity with the rulemaking style and format requirements of the Arizona Administrative Procedure Act, Secretary of State, and Governor's Regulatory Review Council.
Written comments relating to the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking or any anticipated economic impact you believe the proposed rules may have on small businesses and consumers should be submitted to:
John Lindley, Administrative Rules
Arizona Department of Transportation
Government Relations and Policy Development Office
206 S. 17th Ave., Mail Drop 140A
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Oral comments may be made as indicated in the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking.