Reinstate Your License
Complete an investigation packet once you are eligible to reapply. Your packet will be reviewed and upon determining eligibility to reinstate, a Permission to Reapply Notice will be mailed to you . Follow the instructions on how to proceed.
For alcohol- and drug-related revocations, you will be required to obtain proof of Future Financial Responsibility, known as an SR-22.
Bring the proof and your notice to any MVD or Authorized Third Party office, fill out an application, pay a $20 reinstatement fee (no personal checks), in addition to an application fee.
If you are required to have an ignition interlock device, contact MVD before installation to determine if there are any actions on your record that would prohibit your operating a motor vehicle. Proof of installation of a functioning interlock device must be provided prior to reinstatement.
Suspension is the temporary removal of your privilege to drive. It is an action taken after a review of your driving record. After your suspension period has ended, your driving privilege will remain suspended until your application for reinstatement is approved.
Suspended for Failure to Pay a Ticket or Appear in Court
To reinstate your license
- contact the court listed on the suspension notice and pay all court penalties due.
- obtain a court clearance receipt (with a final disposition code and date, violation code and date, and complaint number) or a Court Abstract form.
- bring the receipt or Abstract to any MVD driver license office and pay a $10 reinstatement fee (no personal checks), in addition to an application fee. If we do not have a digital photo on file, you must apply in person. Otherwise, you may pay these fees by mail or online.
Reinstate your driver license online.
Suspended for Any Other Reason
To reinstate your license, you must pay a $10 reinstatement fee in addition to an application fee. If we do not have a digital photo on file, you must apply in person. Otherwise, you may pay these fees by mail or online.
You must obtain proof of future financial responsibility if suspended for one of these reasons:
- Court-conviction suspension for DUI (If suspended by MVD [not court-directed] and it is your first suspension, then future financial responsibility is not needed.)
- Implied-consent suspension for refusal or failure to complete a drug or alcohol test
- Violation of vehicle insurance laws