ABOUT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES (FMS)
Financial Management Services (FMS) provides comprehensive professional financial planning, training and business support services, including accounting and fiscal management, payroll and travel services, risk management resources administration and finance program management. Our program areas include:
- Highway Project Financing - management of the STB’s debt and financing programs, including the Highway Expansion Extension Loan Program (HELP), Arizona’s state infrastructure bank, and Board Funding Obligations (BFO).
- Risk Management – management of public records, claims and litigation activities, damage collections, certificates of insurance (COI) related to permits and contracts, indemnification and risk transfer, collision investigation, and liability exposure.
- Revenue and Fuel Tax Administration - oversight of fuel tax reporting, revenue and receipts accounting, compliance, investigations, accounting and collections.
- Fiscal Operations - general accounting functions including accounts payable, project and cost accounting, payroll and travel services, fixed assets, contractor payments.
- Financial Planning - development of the Highway User Revenue Fund (HURF), Maricopa County Transportation Excise Tax and Aviation Fund forecasts and related financial analyses.
- State Transportation Board Financial Reports – development of the financial reports prepared for each Board meeting.