Congratulations! Your Safe Routes to School (SRTS) project is constructed and ready to open. Once your project is constructed there are three final requirements the sponsor must follow:
If your project was constructed through Certification Acceptance, you must arrange for your project to receive an inspection for acceptance by ADOT. Contact the ADOT Project Manager to arrange for final inspection.
Project Closeout and Final Reimbursement
When the project is complete and the facility is open for public use, the final reimbursement request with accompanying documentation can be electronically submitted to the ADOT Project Manager for processing. Once the ADOT Project Manager has verified that the project sponsor has received final reimbursement, the internal project close-out process will begin.
Below is a list of items that the project sponsor must provide:
- As-builts if within 500 feet of ADOT facility per ADOT policy. Examples of as-builts and frequently asked questions on as-builts can be downloaded from the Project Administration Documents Web page on the Transportation Enhancement Web site.
- Final reimbursement request form with proof of payment.
- A cover letter with the final reimbursement request stating construction has been completed in accordance with the approved contract documents, the project has received final acceptance, and the contractor has been paid in full.
- Copy of the letter of final acceptance to the contractor.
- Copy of the contractor's affidavit regarding settlement of claims.
- Consent of Surety to Final Payment or Consent to Final Payment from Bond.
Celebrate Your Accomplishment
Once your project is completed, you should plan an opening celebration. Your celebration should include all those involved with the project, including ADOT and the Federal Highway Administration.