The Materials and Regional Support Program (MRSP) is part of the Safe Routes To School (SRTS) program and, as such, shares its program outcomes and comprehensive nature.
MRSP was created in order to serve the regional needs of state, regional, and local government agencies and demonstrate an ability to meet the SRTS requirements.
- To provide funding for purchasing educational and encouragement materials for use in regional, countywide, or school district wide SRTS, and/or
- To provide funding for statewide, countywide, or school district wide workshops relating to SRTS.
All activities are statewide, countywide, school district wide, or otherwise regional in scope. Examples include:
- Design/implement/distribute educational curricula for the classroom.
- Provide educational materials to parents, school staff, neighbors, or drivers.
- Develop a SRTS media campaign.
- Provide materials and/or hold training for crossing guards or law enforcement professionals.
- Purchase, distribute, and fit bicycle helmets.
- Purchase and distribute other SRTS-eligible giveaway items.
- Provide training related to any of the above.