Intermittent lane closures on State Route 238 near Mobile begin Monday
August 24, 2011
The Arizona Department of Transportation will begin paving State Route 238 just east of the community of Mobile Monday (August. 22). Intermittent lane closures will be in place between mileposts 35 and 40. Crews will work from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Friday morning.
What to expect during construction:
- Construction crews will be directing eastbound and westbound traffic through one lane at all times.
- Motorists should expect delays of up to 20 minutes during peak traffic times.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 35 mph through the construction zone.
- Crews will work 14-hour shifts Monday through Thursday
- Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
The intermittent lane closures are part of the SR 238: Mobile to SR 347 improvement project that includes paving a 12-mile roadway and installing a box culvert to improve drainage in the area. The overall project area stretches from milepost 31 to 45. The project is anticipated to be completed by early 2012.
The project schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Teresa Guillen, Pinal County Senior Community Relations Officer at 520.388.4266. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona see the agency's latest blog posts.
Visit ADOTs Travel Information site at az511, call 5-1-1 within Arizona,or 1.888.411.ROAD outside the state for current information regarding road conditions statewide.
Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov.
Please buckle up, observe speed limits, and never drink and drive.
For additional information contact:
ADOT Media Relations (email@example.com)
or call 800.949.8057