October 25, 2011
The Arizona Department of Transportation will close the westbound I-10 frontage road as part of the Interstate 10 widening project between Ruthrauff Road and Prince Road in Tucson
Current Project Construction
- The westbound I-10 frontage road between Miracle Mile Road and Prince Road in Tucson from 12 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday (October 28) for construction work.
- The Prince Road and Miracle Mile Road entrance and exit ramps will remain open during the frontage road closure.
Overall Project Construction
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road is closed between Ruthrauff Road and Prince Road through early 2012.
- Prince Road is closed west of I-10 through early 2012.
- The eastbound and westbound I-10 frontage roads and ramps at Prince Road are open.
- Access to businesses on the west side of I-10 and south of Prince Road along eastbound frontage road are available.
- Riverpark Drive, La Cholla Boulevard and Business Center Drive west of I-10 at Prince Road, are closed through early 2012.
- Access to businesses on the west side of I-10, along the eastbound frontage roads and north of Prince Road in the Business Center Drive, Commerce Drive and Sweetwater Drive areas are available during construction by using the eastbound I-10 frontage road.
Construction is anticipated to last approximately 26 months. As part of the project, the Prince Road underpass and ramps will close in early 2012 and will remain closed until the project is completed by late 2013.
- I-10 will remain open with three lanes in each direction during construction, including emergency access lanes, with only minimal short-term lane closures along I-10 in the project area when necessary.
- Some of the improvements that are planned for this project include:
- Widening the I-10 freeway to four lanes in each direction to accommodate increasing congestion and traffic.
- Reconstructing the Prince Road traffic interchange so that Prince Road will pass over the Union Pacific Railroad tracks and I-10 and minimize delays for motorists.
- Updating the entrance and exit ramps to provide better connections and improved access for motorists.
- New landscaping along the project area.
The construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through or near work zones with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
For more information about this project, please visit www.azdot.gov/tucson10widening or call 855.712.8530 or contact ADOT Senior Community Relations Officer, Linda Ritter at 520.388.4266 or ADOT Community Relations Officer, Paki Rico, at 520.388.4233.
Visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at az511, call 5-1-1 within Arizona,or 1.888.411.ROAD outside the state for current information regarding road conditions statewide.
Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov.
Please buckle up, observe speed limits, and never drink and drive.
For additional information contact:
ADOT Media Relations (email@example.com)
or call 800.949.8057