Inside Phoenix Maintenance
"To become the most respected and efficient transportation system maintenance organization in the U.S.A. "
"Safely operate and maintain a quality Highway Transportation System, utilizing a high degree of professionalism, incorporating new technologies and providing optimum efficiency for our customers through training and team work."
~ District Map ~
Our District Goals are:
- To improve the movement of people and products throughout Arizona.
- To increase the quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness of our products and services.
- To develop and retain a high performing successful workforce.
- To optimize the use of all resources.
- To improve public and political support necessary to meet Arizona’s Transportation needs.
Our District Challenges are:
- Demand for quality roads remains
- Increasing traffic volumes
- Maintaining high safety standards
- Traffic accidents and roadway incidents increasing
- Requests for special projects
- High turnover of personnel
- Hiring difficulties
- Night work requirements increasing
- Budget constraints
- Environmental compliance requirements increasing
Our District Accomplishments:
- ALERT team objectives to reduce incident duration and to reduce response time were exceeded
- New data measuring programs put into place to enhance program tracking
- Expansion of alternative funding programs: increased placement of cellular site location & sponsor adopt - a - highway areas
- Major cost reductions achieved through participation in incentive pay program, use of prisoner labor and expansion of adopt - a - highway
- Introduction of gps/gis inventory control program
- Increased public involvement and awareness via action line program expansion
- Increased production and service output to ADOT customers
- Increased numbers of roadway and excess property turnbacks
- Improvement of safety record, days lost down / injury numbers down/ loss time injuries reduced by 50%
- Participation with Govenors Pride Award/ Hamilton School Champs/ and Project Challenge
- Awarded City of Phoenix mayor's partnership award